InvenSense is the world leader in motion sensing solutions for mobile devices and is looking to grow its field applications engineering team in Sunnyvale, CA. The Field Applications Engineer will work closely with the local FAEs and product sales teams by: assuring customer satisfaction from the beginning of product evaluation to ongoing post-sales support; acting as the primary interface to engineering to obtain a deep product knowledge base; providing technical training to customers and distributors as well as internal sales personnel; authoring customer support documents, application notes and white papers; and assisting in developing and supporting evaluation and application reference platforms.
- BSEE or MSEE
- Minimum 5 years semiconductor applications engineering supporting high volume consumer electronics.
- Experience with designing or supporting development with the following products is highly desirable: smart phones, tablets, digital cameras & camcorders, portable navigation devices and 3D input devices (mice, television remotes, game controllers, etc.).
- System board design experience essential.
- Familiarity with debug tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and in-circuit emulators.
- Must possess good analytical and system troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to present moderate to highly technical materials to diverse audiences.
- Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Interface via phone, email and onsite visits with key customers to resolve high priority and complex issues.
- Ability to travel frequently to domestic locations as needed.
To apply or learn more about this position, contact human resources. Please add the Job title and department code into the subject line for your e-mail.