Sr. System Engineer/ IT Manager (Job ID: 12234)
Location: San Jose, CA
This role will support maintain and evaluate computer networking and telecommunication systems; install, configure, and maintain both physical and virtual computer servers; and oversee the maintenance of employee email and user accounts. This position will support Windows, Red Hat Linux server, CISCO switches and routers, NetApp storages, and SonicWALL environments, for users in US as well as remote offices located in Asia, and Europe.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and monitor the INVN’s LAN and WAN. Develop and maintain network infrastructure, operations and metrics.
- Cisco switching, routing, and SonicWall firewall/vpn and wireless. Experience with CISCO 6500 and 4500 enterprise class series, wireless controller, CISCO call manager BE6000, fiber and optical network using Brocade hardware 200, 300, and 6000 series; for firewall and VPN experience with SonicWall NSA 2400/2600/3600 series and HA configuration is required.
- Develop, update, maintain network policies and documentation
- Ensure availability and performance of mission-critical SQL databases
- Maintain, monitor and manage network security: firewalls, host security, file permissions and system integrity.
- Maintain, optimize, and monitor VPN and remote access systems.
- Manage and execute the backup and disaster recovery plans using Symantec Backup Exec 2010, 2014 and Quantum tape library
- Maintain, document, and manage replacement schedule for systems hardware and software
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment and software
- Provide Desktop Support to users as needed
- Provide on-call emergency maintenance activities supporting network operations.
- Assist other team members and assigned project managers in defining project scope, tasks and milestones as necessary to ensure successful completion of projects
- Proficient with LAMP stack configurations on RHEL 5&6
- Server Virtualization via VM-Ware ESXi
- Windows/Red Hat Operating Systems
- Exchange Server 2010
- Cisco switching and routing
- VLANs and switch redundancy
- Security configurations (VPN, DNS, DHCP, FTP, HTTP, and Firewalls)
- Network Optimization (trunking, VOIP)
- Installing, configuring and managing SonicWALL firewalls, configuring and managing VPN access
- Monitoring and troubleshooting network errors and performance issues
- Working closely with end users on Desktop users to ensure technical issues and resolved timely.
- Researching and evaluating new tools to enhance network operations
- Research and design new networking solutions based on specific requirements
- Responding to critical support issues outside of work hours as needed
- Experience with Exchange 2010-2013, SQL 2010-2014, Windows 2008R2 and desktop products
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experienced negotiating and managing hardware and software contracts and vendors.
- Commitment to providing exemplary service with uncompromising integrity
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work through conflicts with openness
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others.
To apply or learn more about this position, contact Human Resources. Please add the job title and job ID into the subject line for your e-mail.
Intelligent Sensor Solutions